https://www.facebook.com/redthreadshed/


Sunday 13 September 2015

Seagulls and wood piles.

Need a new cupboard door knob, don't buy one, paint it! I had a plain wooden knob which had been the leftover from another project from years ago and we needed a handle for the bathroom cupboard. I went with a seagull not sure why, cos they nick your chips if not careful!!



While I was had a painting urge, I also painted this small canvas with another seagull. Isn't he handsome haha. He has his beady eye on whatever you're eating. so beware!!


Everytime I opened the craft cupboard I was met with a stack of interesting wood cuttings that tumbled out, they had been rescued from the fire. Hubs brings in the wood he has chopped and then I stack it. I'm going to have to stop looking at them before I chuck them into said fire, as my pile was getting rather too big. So have now whittled it down somewhat by making some 'quirky' houses. These were two old paintbrush handles, used as a base, now made into a scenic woodland walk and a coastal stroll!




I love a bit of upcyling!


Little Nikki is looking to update her winter wardrobe with a cowl!

Son Logan is fed up with it all.
He's not sure about the colour and the way his ears have disappeared!

All Logan wants to do is give his dad, Archie a kiss.

See you all next time.

Party links; the-chicken-chick.
lucyblossomcrafts.co.uk/blog

9 comments:

  1. Cute! And the nice thing about *your* GULLS, *THEY* don't go around dropping little "gifts" on People's *NEW* CARS!! - [The LAND GULLS here are *worse* than PIGEONS!!]
    ;-[

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the door knob and what a brilliant idea to upcycle. Oh Nikki needs some ear slits, still very fetching though and you would see her. Love the new scenes and can understand why the wood had to be rescued, too good to go up in smoke when can be used so creatively.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loving the seagull door know! !!
    Genius idea to use paint handles as a base and what cute little scenes you've made. Isn't it amazing how crafters can see shapes and uses for things that noone else can! X

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the seagull doorknob. My daughter was trying to get me her some fancy (expensive!) doorknobs for her chest of draws, so I will show her yours and suggest we make some.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww i love your gull handle, what fun! Your house sculptures are gorgeous too, i'm sure it makes you smile to have these quirky things around the place :) x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your painted door knob. Not sure I could make a scene that small with all that detail. Love your canvas too. What a great idea to use the old wooden handles for your house scenes. Brilliant up/recycling.
    Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your painted door know.......beautiful work. Thank you for sharing with the Clever Chicks Blog Hop! I hope you’ll join us again next week!

    Cheers,
    Kathy Shea Mormino
    The Chicken Chick
    http://www.The-Chicken-Chick.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the cute seagulls, its probably just as well people don't eat in the bathroom otherwise their munchies might be in trouble!

    ReplyDelete