https://www.facebook.com/redthreadshed/


Sunday 25 January 2015

still more little houses.

Hello again chums. Once again it's all about the houses! This small sampler is hand embroidered onto cotton with sweet little colourful houses. The top two houses has even some chickens in the garden! The sun is peeking out over the rooftops. The sun might come out on even the gloomiest of days.
                       

In a nice box frame which finishes it off nicely I think.

                                           And now on my mantelpiece next to the blue house.

The other little house scene is a 'quirky' harbour lights, taken from a song of the same same name. The words along the bottom are from the song, which first came out in the 1930,s I believe.
I have since corrected the spelling mistake! The song is about a chap that went away to sea and left his sweetheart on the shore. I do hope he came back to her!

My daughter is doing a painting of all our family dogs together (of which there are 4) It will be going in pride of place of the mantelpiece so I hope to show it to you all next time, along with something that isn't a house that I've been making, so watch this space!! lol

We are all longing for spring and warmer weather, including Archie. He can't wait to get his shades back on and do some sunbathing!

This weeks linky parties are:
.the-chicken-chick.com
handmade-monday

19 comments:

  1. Love the cottages, something about them along with beach huts perhaps quintessentially English.
    Roll on summer Archie we could do with some warmth.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful little houses ! I love the combination of patchwork and embroidery myself too !

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's gorgeous! Did you use a commercial pattern or is it your design? x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your housing sampler, the box frame really sets it off nicely too. Thanks for joining in with my first Handmade Monday

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your all little houses. The sampler is so cute, and must have taken you ages.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your little houses made me smile and would do each time I looked at it. Looking forward to seeing your daughter's painting of your dogs. Thank you for your comment on my blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your quirky houses are always just irresistible!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the embroidered sampler you made. How I admire your embroidery skills. It's lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so cute! Love all the vibrant colours and the quirkyness of the houses. The text is lovely too :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a gorgeous sampler. The detail in it is exquisite.

    Doesn't Archie look a cool dude.... xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. You must have a lot of fun making your samplers. Make me smile :)))
    Mecki x

    ReplyDelete
  12. The sampler looks great in the box frame, it really sets if off:)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the embroidery, they are just so full of detail. Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Both the sampler and row of wee houses are gorgeous, so full of character and fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. They are so beautiful!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your samplers are just beautiful. Thank you for sharing with the Clever Chicks Blog Hop! I hope you’ll join us again next week!

    Cheers,
    Kathy Shea Mormino
    The Chicken Chick
    http://www.The-Chicken-Chick.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love the sampler, I haven't made one for years, it's something I used to do with my daughter. It looks great in the frame.
    Jan x

    ReplyDelete
  18. love it- the frame just adds that last bit of brilliance- so cute :)

    ReplyDelete