https://www.facebook.com/redthreadshed/


Sunday 29 July 2012

Gardening shoes a pile of stones and a white cushion.


I seem to have lost my craft mojo. Hopefully it will return with renewed vigour sometime. My time has been taken up with keeping weeds at bay so maybe that's the reason.

Anyway enough of the moans and on to this, which you might remember I posted about a while ago now. It is hand backstitched in red, with white machine freestyle embroidery and I wasn't very impressed with how it turned out, also I didn't know what to do with it at the time.....so it got shoved in the drawer and forgotten about.
As I was rummaging for something else, I found it tucked in the  drawer and made this cushion......
Which is now sitting on my bed......
Hmmm don't know why I photographed it like that! Anyway it has got a new lease of life and looks nice and fresh to go with my big pillows, and suits the quilt as well.


I received a present from daughter who went to the 'big city' and bought me these garden shoes.
 She knows me so well! Arn't they pretty, just right for slipping on when you want to step outside. (the only downside is they do smell of plasticy stuff, but outside you can't smell anything) Lovely roses of all shades of red through to pink. The black label on the side of the shoe says 'garden'. They will get a lot of wear!

Now into the garden. And we have these enormous boulders that HH wanted moving. He was going to give them to a pal but I said hang on I might have an idea what to do with them after they've gone!! Immediately a plan formed and I said 'we have the solar power fountain and a huge granite flower pot, if we sit the pot on top of the stones, we could have a nice fountain display'.

Famous last words they were sooooo heavy, even with the trolley. So now waiting for some sons to come and we can pounce on them to help shift them into the right place!
They are as tall as my wellies to give you some idea of scale.
 The trouble with them being so heavy you can't 'tweak' them into position. So have to make sure they are where you want them and that's where they would have to stay. Hoping that the 'plan' works out how it's in my head, which is a gorgeous fountain spray, burbling over the stones with some lush plants around it. (otherwise HH is going to be a bit annoyed that he did'nt give them to pal afterall! haha)

And here are this weeks link parties, do pop in and take a look;
 http://www.homemakeronadime.com/
http://sewmanyways.blogspot.co.uk/search/label/sew%20darn%20crafty
http://handmadeharbour.blogspot.co.uk/
http://www.to-sew-with-love.com/2012/07/crafty-saturday-party-79.html
http://thediydreamer.blogspot.ca/2012/07/from-dream-to-reality-linky-party-27.html
 http://www.michellestastycreations.blogspot.co.uk/
http://www.craftionary.net/2012/08/best-diy-crafts-and-ideas-party.html 
http://juliejewels1.blogspot.co.uk/








22 comments:

  1. The stitching looks fab as a cushion. And the quirky photo looks good too.

    I love those stones. Anything eye catching like that gets my vote :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the cushion, redwork is so simple but stunning. I want those shoes, love roses, pink so pretty

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your cushion turned out great! It goes very well on your bed too

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the mix of machine embroidery with hand, and redwork always looks so striking. The cushions is just lovely, expect you will get lots of compliments :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your cushion looks fab. Very effective. Good luck with the stone-shifting and fountain-creation!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have been meaning to have a go at this kind of embroidery for some time now! (Note to self) I will get around to it one day! A beautifully simple cushion :) I suggest you step in a bit of mud that should get rid of the plasticky smell!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the cushion! Can't see why you put it to one side except I think I do this sometimes! It really does ass something to your bed! I too have lost my mojo this week.. wonder if it is due to the weather?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your cushion is lovely and I admire anyone who is brave enough to try machine embroidery. Hope the fountain works out for you

    ReplyDelete
  9. your pretty embroidery looks super as a cushion! it is a very pretty design, i'm glad it had grown on you :)

    your garden shoes are just fab, and so useful too!

    good luck with getting the boulders shifted - they look impossibly heavy... x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Really like your embroidered cushion!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those shoes rock! And the rocks do too. How on earth are you going to move them??
    I have so many half finshed craft projects that I am afraid to open my cupboards!! Well done finding the cushion. I really like it's simplicity and can't imagine why you weren't pleased? It's amazing what a fresh set of eyes time provides.

    ReplyDelete
  12. The cushion is so pretty as are the gardening shoes! The boulders remind me of one of those prehistoric tomb thingys (the proper name of which escapes me at the moment) - you could charge tourists a fortune to come and look at them!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sorry to hear you've lost your mojo, I'm sure it's down to the rubbish weather we're having.
    The cushion is gorgeous. And the garden shoes FAB, love the roses.
    Hope you find your mojo, maybe it's hiding under those bolders. Have a lovely week.
    Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your embroidered cushion is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Aww, hope you get your craft mojo back soon (doesn't look like you've really lost it to me!)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love your needle work. I have not done any in so long, but I used to find it relaxing. Yours turned out so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lovin the red on white. Makes me wanna sew. But, my time is taken up painting instead. So, I must resist.

    Now following you. 8-)

    ReplyDelete
  18. LOVE the pillow and double LOVE the garden shoes!!!

    Thanks so much for sharing this at The DIY Dreamer.. From Dream To Reality!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your pillow turned out great! I love the design and the shoes are great, too. Your newest follower from the Friday Fun Party. :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. The cushion's turned out great and goes so well with your chair and your bedding.

    ReplyDelete
  21. am impressed with your gorgeous pillow. Well done ! ~ Rose

    ReplyDelete
  22. Beautiful! I love the pillow. Thanks for sharing at Creative Thursday each week. I appreciate YOU! Can't wait to see what you link up next :)
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete