https://www.facebook.com/redthreadshed/


Thursday 22 March 2012

Start of a shopping bag

Here is another first for me....a shopping bag. In fact a "Quirky" shopping bag!!
This photo is showing the front and the row of little houses, trimmed with a bit of lace.
The ginger fabric is felt and the other is a wool check blanket.

A closer view. Instead of putting red roofs on I though the blue looked better as the red disappeared into the ginger. Still got some tweaking to do and also am going to put something on the front of the bag. (don't know what yet tho)

Wish I had a designated craft room instead of a load of bits on the kitchen table. (It is a lot messier in real life) I moved the wooden bits that are for another harbour picture + paints/glues etc.
The Quirky village that I'm working on every now and then is a picture of our nearest town. It's a bit like a jigsaw when a bit slots into place, it's a good feeling. Getting the library to look a little bit like the photo was a hard job, but I hope that I've cracked it. This slides neatly under a sofa out of the way when I'm fed up with it!! Also another first is this is done on a canvas and the houses are stuck down instead of sewn. I did think it was going to be quicker but it's not!

Put on  http://www.iamonly1woman.blogspot.co.uk/ where there are lots of other blogs!
and also oopsey daisy

4 comments:

  1. It's looking smashing, and love your work in progress on the canvas. I use my kitchen table continually, and it is a pain continually having to clear up, but it's a lovely big table.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is all looking great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the idea of the bag, that little row of houses looks lovely and you can still tell its your work just by looking at it. I am sure your bits will take off one of these days and you will end up having your own line. I love it all to bits xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so cute. I love those houses! Thanks for sharing at oopsey daisy!

    ReplyDelete