https://www.facebook.com/redthreadshed/


Saturday 7 May 2011

Vase of flowers cross stitch picture.

This cross stitch took 3 years in the making and I did say never again.....famous last words! In the back of my expanding drawer is the matching kit that I had to have!

I re-cycled an old frame and mount which fortunately fitted just right. You have to stand back a bit to get the proper effect (a bit like an oil painting)
This is the one that I have just started to get together.
 All the bits. I am going to use a washable marker to mark out the grid lines this time (a good tip from 'Louise' over on mse cross stitch forum) I don't know how I managed without it, but saying that I can't find it after stitching the messy cat it's gone awol and there is only me to blame as hubs wouldn't have touched it.
 This is my working copy and all the threads. I don't buy kits now unless they have pre-sorted threads it's so hard to get the colours in the right order sometimes, and, you can spend as much time sorting as stitching. So along with the quilt, this is a long term project to pick up and put down meanwhile doing other things inbetween.

Having a clear out of some pictures that I'm fed up with and no longer fits in. Really want to re-do the computer/craft/tv/slouch room but havn't got any inspiration yet.

3 comments:

  1. Flipping heck!!! I get stressed with the timy little kits from Hobbycraft. The finished article is amazing and well worth the effort.
    Kandi x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wowser! You have the patience of a Saint. It's gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for visiting my blog. Your blog is lovely as is your cross stitching and sock monkeys. Hugs Judy

    ReplyDelete