https://www.facebook.com/redthreadshed/


Wednesday 27 April 2011

Painting on china

Don't know if any of you have ever painted on china? I had the urge many years ago to have a go as I thought the children might be interested. (only one was and I have to confess that her one got broken which was a big shame) Anyway here is the two plates that are left. They reside in the bathroom and I've never touched ceramic paint again!

The colours are a  brighter in real life, so add a splash of colour to the room. Unfortunately they can't be used for putting food on so that was a downer as I imagined handing out cupcakes on fancy plates!! So it was limited as to what to paint. Maybe they have changed the formula by now, these paints you had to cook in the oven to set them.

Well, the giveaway was rather exciting yesterday so will have to have another one when I reach 150 followers!!

2 comments:

  1. I had a bit of a fling with china painting. The ones I used could be used with food and had to be sent away to be fired. Love your fun fishy plates!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are adorable....would cost a small fortune in a gift shop!

    ReplyDelete