https://www.facebook.com/redthreadshed/


Thursday 17 February 2011

Suuny Day

Woke up to a lovely sunny day, havn't poked head out of door yet but from inside it feels great. So as we need to empty contents of the freezer before buying anything more and bolstered by the sun streaming through, yep, I defrosted the freezer (shudder). Yesterday hubs found a 6 month packet bacon which he ate and is OK. Found some bits and bobs that were forgotton about and over the next couple of days we are going to have some very strange meals! BUT at least the freezer is cleared nearly. Determined not to go shopping til Monday so I hope I can keep to that as I wan't to be ultra frugal!

Was watching late night tv due to insomnia and one of the programmes was about bad low fat dinners. Was very enlightening, the presenter was on them for 1 month and she put on 3lbs! Also one of the chemist mentioned E920 being made of duck feathers.......WHAT....so of course had to look it up. I look at bread with a certain amount of suspicion now! What on earth goes through manufacturers minds thinking we would like all sorts of strange stuff in our food. (Was thinking not good for those on a strict vegatarian or vegan diet) It does say in one google info site they don't use it now, but they don't have to label it even if they do. Well, I have to say that my toast still tasted good!!!

2 comments:

  1. You're welcome to come clean out my freezer! I've been trying to use up some of the older stuff, but hubby always comes home with more. I was going to say to enjoy your sunny day, but I guess it's about over now where you are.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never heard of E920 but as a vegetarian I too will now have to look it up LOL. Fancy them not having to label it if its in the product. Whats the point of labelling then????

    P.S I want your painting/embroidery of down the garden path so much. If its still there next week when I get some dosh..its mine xxx

    ReplyDelete