https://www.facebook.com/redthreadshed/


Saturday 4 December 2010

Trompe l'oel

One of my favourite things used to be trompe l'oel. I have seen some amazing ones on google (also murals)
As we have downsized we dont have a lot of room for ornaments etc so painted this to go over the doorway in the hall (no dusting...method in my madness!) The cat that I painted was on a small hardboard screen that I made to go around a plant pot, but as nowhere to put it now so cut the cat out and put him in amongst the 'pots'.

4 comments:

  1. That is absolutely brilliant .... just been dusting my blue and white today what a job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wait so you painted the pots directly onto the board above the doorway? that's really impressive!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, its painted directly onto the wooden paneling that is in the hallway.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is fun! I wouldn't be surprised if something like this, painted on board and cut around, would sell at craft fairs or on-line.
    Teresa x

    ReplyDelete