https://www.facebook.com/redthreadshed/


Wednesday 15 September 2010

The Bookcase

This is the start of the bookcase that we were given free


The next step; stage one primed. Hubs looks at it in horror while I glibbly say it's going to be fine! (all the while thinking the same as him)


Stage two; after another coat of primer and a few coats of Laura Ashley emulsion. Had run out of masking tape so was very  careful doing the moulds in the glass....took ages.



Last stage; Curtains up, handles back on. Would have liked some different handles but re-cycled the old ones with a few coats of gold acyrilic paint.


 Close up of the curtains, which are more red than the pink tinge it shows.



The total cost was £7.50 material (but had loads over for a patchwork) and 4 red beads at 20p each which I hung on the keys.  Had all the paint already in. Found some curtain wires in the shed and cut them down to fit. So was pretty pleased with how it's turned out. As for hubs.....he is pleased that it's turned out OK so he doesnt have to lug it back into the shed!!

10 comments:

  1. Simply stunning!!!!!...well done xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful transformation. Well done :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would never have imagined that to look so stunning. I love the material.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow - that's brilliant. I have one very like that except it's only a two door - it lives on my landing and I bought it 30 years ago!!! As you can imagine it's very shabby now but definately not chic. You've given me the inspiration and courage to have a go and do it up - it's now added to my list of things to do :D xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a transformation!!! It is a stunning piece of furniture now.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's just gorgeous! Well done you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! I would never have envisaged it could look like that!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your bookcase. What a difference!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So stunning... I popped over from SCC for some inspiration as I have a small display cabinet to paint with similar doors. Must get on with it.... :)

    ReplyDelete