This is all the bits gathered together.
I sewed the papers together and then cut a narrow piece of calico and stuck it along the inside edge which then was glued to the spine of the book. The ribbon was stuck on and some plain stiff raspberry paper was glued onto the inside cover (I buy a book of large plain coloured paper in the cheapy shop usually in the kiddies section, it is very handy for all sorts of crafts.
The finished book. It looks a lot better in the photo than in real life (have to be honest!) It has got some creases on the back which wouldn't come out. The size isn't all that big and there arn't many pages in it.
I have to admit I didn't really know what I was doing, so I winged it and did loads of things wrong, glued my hands lots of times and generally got quite frustrated with it all....BUT I got it out of my system and maybe if I make another one I might remember where I went wrong (loads of times!) or I could read a book on how to do it properly!! (which sounds like a really good idea to me!) or just get a Tesco notebook and put a different outer cover on.....hmm that sounds like an idea.
I was trying to cram some more goodies into my craft cupboard so had to re-arrange items. Here is a photo of all my glues.
I first started off using the stick type paper glue, progessed to craft glue and then PVA and gradually added the others on bit by bit. I found the wood glue in Llidles and have used it quite a bit for things other than glue as well. The spray tins are very useful for patchwork type of things,the 505 I use to hold the quilt/batting/backing together instead of pins does the job brilliantly. I havn't used the E6000 yet, I believe its brilliant for gems/jewels. So now you know why my fingers keep getting gummed up!
Pop over to Handmade Monday for more crafty blogs.