https://www.facebook.com/redthreadshed/


Sunday 16 October 2011

Found lead & here is Trevor

I honestly did search the suitcase three times and the lead wasn't in it. But before putting it up in the loft (until our next adventure)  Head Honcho found it in one of the little zippy compartments. Can't understand that, must be loosing my marbles a bit quicker than I thought!

So here is one thing I created whilst whiling the time away in Travel Lodge inbetween travels. He is called Trevor the Travel bug. (was going to call him Trevor the Travel Lodge Bug but thought might get into trouble with them...,insinuating their rooms aren't upto scratch :0D )

Now this is was inspired by the MSE knitting thread and the very clever Orkneystar showed a little kiwi bird she had knitted from a pattern (oops sorry I cant remember off hand who originally created it, if I do will insert so can give credit) Now Orkney can knit on 4 needles but I have never done that but thought good opportunity to have a go in hotel. Packed the required 4 needles then couldn't understand why I couldn't get past the first casting on row of 4 stitches! So gave up on that and did with 2 needles and winged it so needless to say it took a life on of it's own and because the head was mishapen somewhat and as he was a tad chilly, I kindly knitted him a hat and scarf.


Then of course he looked a bit funny without any arms (the pattern didnt have any but that's when it's done properly and looks great) so he got some flippers, couldn't do the feet properly so he got some flipper feet as well!! Yes, he has got one eye bit bigger than the other! The beak has been chopped of instead of the long elegant one he should have had. When he was finished I realised what I had done wrong in the first place.....I didn't use double ended needles, how daft am I.  (you needn't answer that)

Anyway he makes me smile and is looking down at me from the mantelpiece reminding me of Travel Lodge and the deep south....(and lots of shops!)
Here he is tucked up in the caravan that we later transferred to. So really he is a very, very, very distant cousin of the original! And he does look like a bug which you would see under a microscope rather than a kiwi bird :0D

Edit to add here is the REAL thing;   http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/kiwi-3

5 comments:

  1. He is well cute xx Glad you found the lead. I am without a camera for two weeks now as OH is going away and borrowing mine, YD had a lovely one I bought her last year but she tells me now she has sold it, I was going to borrow hers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well I think he is wonderful as of course a fellow kiwi would! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Look at him all tucked up in bed - he's adorable! Glad you found your lead - the same has happened to me and there has been some smugness on the part of OH!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh too cute esp keeping the bed warm for you LOL! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cute. Can I have a girl one?

    ReplyDelete