https://www.facebook.com/redthreadshed/


Sunday 4 May 2014

Painting on wood folkart style

This week I have been rescuing bits of wood that have a painted background and crying out for some little houses to be painted on top. I imagine they are from an old fence or similair. The first ones had a lovely green background and so made a good start to these two folkart type pictures. Joined up they make one long scene.


Not only that, but this' house in the woods' and  'house on a cliff' also match!


                                                         Close up


This one had lovely pink paint on it.....my type of fencing!  It is now a key/lead hanger!

                                                Closer look.
                                              That's my little cottage with the shed attached.

It was nice to get some paints out again. Sadly they have been put back into the cupboard until I get the 'urge' again! I have got a project in mind, but that is a sewing one and too soon to show and tell.....well it's still in my head!

This week Archie has found out that he is possibly going to be a father. So he realises it's time to stop lying around and get a proper job! lol



So he pulled himself together and helped his beloved Nikki to spring clean Daisy the caravan ready for the summer months.
                                                   
Hi de Hi everyone! Archie will you stop slobbing on the glass I've just spent hours cleaning it....oh go and make a cup of tea....men!!

This weeks linky parties:
handmadeharbour.blogspot.co.uk/
the-chicken-chick.
thededicatedhouse.
thediydreamer.
lavendergardencottage
/ivyandelephants.blogspot.
finecraftguild.
lambertslately.com

16 comments:

  1. So pretty - I have some left-over pallets waiting for some TLC, so perhaps I'll eventually get round to doing something like these. Archie is so cute - make sure you show us any offspring he has, won't you? I love the idea of a caravan for the summer - lucky girl! Enjoy!! Hugs, Chris x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love those houses I could just live there. LOL on the dog slobber, dog nose is also hard to clean :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your little painted houses. What a lucky find, as the slightly distressed wood makes a perfect background.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What beautiful little paintings, so much detail. My only criticism is that I want the photos here bigger so I can see more!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your houses painting are lovely. It looks like Archie and Nikki are ready to set off on their travels.
    Ali xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow - loving the wood make-over, so pretty! Great little house scenes i love them x

    ReplyDelete
  7. What sweet little houses, and what a great way of using bits of wood.

    Archie and Nikki look like they've made themselves very much at home in 'Daisy' the caravan xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such beautiful paintings, and a great idea to make a key hanger.

    ReplyDelete
  9. such cute little streets! I really love the addition of the house on the cliff! You are so talented.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the folk art painting on wood, you have done a great job. Thank you for sharing with the Clever Chicks Blog Hop! I hope you’ll join us again next week!

    Cheers,
    Kathy Shea Mormino
    The Chicken Chick
    http://www.The-Chicken-Chick.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. These is really beautiful work! I love the gorgeous little houses and your sweet dogs!
    Have a wonderful week!
    Hugs from Portugal,
    Ana Love Craft
    www.lovecraft2012.blogspot.com

    !

    ReplyDelete
  12. Two stars & a wish: The stars: Adorable little houses! I love how you embrace art into your functional home decor. The wish: Wished you'd show us how you painted them? ...

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh, I love those teeny houses! How very sweet! House on a cliff is just the perfect size to tuck on a bookshelf.

    ReplyDelete